The Twenty Best Quotes of CPAC 2014
11 Mar 2014 12:58 am John Hawkins
My latest column for Townhall is called, The Twenty Best Quotes of CPAC 2014. Here’s an excerpt from the column.
20) The president graduated from one of the best schools in the country. If I were him, I’d consider suing Harvard Law School to get his money back because I’m not sure what he learned in three years. — Bobby Jindal
19) Crossroads, what a disaster. Hundreds of millions of dollars wasted and no one is held responsible….people ought to be asking, ‘What are you in business for?’ — Pat Caddell
Why Obamacare is a Plague on America in 13 Quotes
8 Feb 2014 12:44 am John Hawkins
My latest Townhall column is called, Why Obamacare is a Plague on America in 13 Quotes. Here’s an excerpt from the column.
1) 1 In 4 Voters Already Know Someone Who Has Lost Insurance because of Obamacare: One in four Americans have either lost their health insurance because of Obamacare or know someone who has, according to a new poll shared first with The Daily Caller.
The YG Network Congressional District Poll of 1,652 likely voters in 11 competitive U.S. House districts indicates Obamacare will be a powerful issue that motivates voters …
The 30 Best Quotes Of 2013
21 Dec 2013 3:25 am John Hawkins
30) “Oh, the guy who bombed Boston is on the loose in my neighborhood? Super glad I don’t have an AR-15 with 30 round mags” Said nobody, ever. — Katie Pavlich
29) I wanted to know why we were promised a state of the art website and we got an abacus and a sundial. I want to know what we got for our money. I want to know if this thing could be fixed in two months why didn’t you have it up and running in the three years prior to …
The 30 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2013 (10th Annual)
20 Dec 2013 2:51 am John Hawkins
30) Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a Belieber.’ — Justin Bieber after a visit to Anne Frank’s house.
29) Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked — that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation. — Sheila Jackson Lee
28) Here’s the reality. The image of a white Jesus has been used to justify enslavement, conquest, colonialism, …
The 10 Best Quotes From Tony Robbins’ Unleash The Power Within Event In Chicago
29 Jul 2013 2:58 am John Hawkins
Tony Robbins is the penultimate life coach of our age. I have been a Tony Robbins fan since college and I have always wanted to go to one of his seminars. Last week, I finally got to live the dream. I headed to the event with my friend and business partner, Tiffiny Ruegner, and both of us had an incredible time.
On the first night, we did a firewalk across hot coals that ranged from 1200 to 2100 degrees.
Fresh hot coals were dumped on about 90 seconds before I …View More...
Everything You Need To Know About The Rubio/McCain Amnesty Catastrophe In 15 Quotes
15 Jun 2013 12:28 am John Hawkins
1) This is President Obama’s number one political agenda item because he knows we will never again have a Republican president, ever, if amnesty goes into effect. We will perpetually have a progressive, liberal president, probably a Democrat, and we will probably see the House of Representatives go into Democrat hands and the Senate will stay in Democrat hands. — Michele Bachmann
2) The bill is worse than universal healthcare. Listen to me, it is worse than universal healthcare, and in the coming days as we get closer, we will explain …
The 20 Greatest Quotations From Rush Limbaugh
1 Jun 2013 2:31 am John Hawkins
If you listen to liberals, you’d think that Rush Limbaugh is the de facto boss of the entire Republican Party. So, if they’re going to portray him that way, then it seems like a good idea to give people — who have yet to listen to his radio show –information about his message that goes beyond out-of-context quotations supplied by liberals who loathe him. There are millions of Republicans, myself included, who became conservatives because of hearing quotes like these from Rush Limbaugh.
20) “I guess politicians can be excused for …
In Honor of Memorial Day: War And Battle — The Quotations
27 May 2013 12:05 am John Hawkins
“Veni, Vedi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered)” — Julius Caesar
“We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, will carry on the struggle until in God’s good time the New World with …
In Tribute To The Iron Lady: The 25 Greatest Quotes From Margaret Thatcher
9 Apr 2013 5:14 am John Hawkins
Margaret Thatcher has left us.
Other than Winston Churchill, she was the finest leader to come out of Europe in the last century. She helped Britain recover economically, she stood shoulder to shoulder with Reagan against the Soviet Union and she set a fine example not just for Brits, not just for women, but for everyone to follow.
If we had more leaders with Margaret Thatcher’s heart, courage and wisdom, this would be a different, better world.
As you read these quotes from one of the towering figures of the …
25 Examples of Liberal Racism in Quotes
26 Mar 2013 1:13 am John Hawkins
1) “(Obama’s) a nice person, he’s very articulate this is what’s been used against him, but he couldn’t sell watermelons if it, you gave him the state troopers to flag down the traffic.” — Dan Rather
2) “White folks was in the caves while we [blacks] was building empires … We built pyramids before Donald Trump ever knew what architecture was … we taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.” — Al Sharpton
3) “‘Hymies.’ ‘Hymietown.’” — Jesse Jackson’s description of New …
The Best Quotes From “Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai”
18 Feb 2013 5:52 am John Hawkins
Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai is a classic 300 year old book about bushido, which is the Samurai’s “way of the warrior.” There’s a lot of wisdom in the book, although all of it is not applicable to modern life. Even in the areas where Yamamoto Tsunetomo’s honor code doesn’t quite fit, it still entertains and fascinates, as you’re about to see.
Life is not so important when forced to choose between life and integrity.
If one is overly strict, his subordinates will become untrustworthy. If he over-trusts, his subordinates will …
The 10 Best Quotes From Rand Paul’s Tea Party State of the Union
13 Feb 2013 12:54 am John Hawkins
Rand Paul worked with Tea Party Express to put out a Tea Party State of the Union response last night. He did a great job and here are the 10 best quotes from his 13 minute speech.
10) “What America needs is not Robin Hood but Adam Smith.”
9) “I have seen the inner sanctum of Congress and believe me there is no monopoly on knowledge there.”
8) “I will continue to fight for legislation that forces Congress to read the bills! I will fight for a vote on my bill that …
The 25 Most Motivational Quotes Of All Time
6 Feb 2013 5:45 am John Hawkins
1) “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” — Muhammad Ali
2) “Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. Never pity yourself. Be a hard master to yourself – and be lenient to everybody else.” —Henry Ward Beecher
3) “Never give in–never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour …
25 Great Quotes from Black Conservatives
29 Jan 2013 3:31 am John Hawkins
25) “A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.” — Larry Elder
24) “I’ve been to dozens of Tea Party rallies. I’ve given at least a half a dozen or more speeches. I have not yet to find the first racist comment or the first person who approaches me from a racist perspective. I will speak very clearly here. Racism is a part of a lot of things in our country. Good people are the predominant fact of our country. I simply …
The 40 Greatest Quotes From Winston Churchill
19 Jan 2013 12:45 am John Hawkins
The finest American President of the 20th century was Ronald Reagan, but the greatest world leader during that time was Winston Churchill. Had the Brits not had a man of his caliber at the helm during World War II, world history may have turned out very differently. Not only was Churchill a great leader, he was one of the single most quotable men who has ever walked God’s green earth.
40) “It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.”
100 Great Quotes About Life And Living (6th Edition)
10 Jan 2013 4:41 am John Hawkins
1) “Heights by great men reached and kept were not obtained by sudden flight but, while their companions slept, they were toiling upward in the night.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
2) “Love is always creative, fear always destructive.” — Emmet Fox
3) “You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.” — Henry Ford
4) “Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it.” — Bruce Lee
5) “Great occasions do not make heroes or cowards; they simply unveil them to the eyes of men. …
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2012 (9th Annual)
20 Dec 2012 8:38 am John Hawkins
40) It’s something I was very hesitant about, but we’re the only mammals who don’t ingest our own placentas. It’s not witchcrafty or anything! I suggest it to all moms! — January Jones
39) Y’all better vote for f——g Obama, OK? For better or for worse, we have a black Muslim in the White House. Now, …that’s some amazing s—-t. It means there is hope in this country. — Madonna
38) Seniors love getting junk mail. It’s sometimes their only way of communicating or feeling like they’re part of the real world. …
The 40 Best Political Quotes For 2012 (Fourth Annual)
13 Dec 2012 5:52 am John Hawkins
40) Apparently, our jobless rate is so darned low because a bunch of people gave up on ever finding a job again. So consider us only halfway to Mad Max at Thunderdome and conducing cage fights to determine which of the remaining humans gets the privilege of eating tuna fish out of a can. Given the timeline, you should start praying for the zombie apocalypse now. — Emily Zanotti
39) Massachusetts is your bitchy spinster telling you to sit up straight. — Tucker Carlson
38) “If liberals like it, it’s subsidized; if …
The Best Quotes From Seth Godin’s “Tribes: We Need YOU to Lead Us”
12 Nov 2012 5:57 am John Hawkins
Seth Godin is one of the best marketing writers out there today and if there is anything the GOP could really use right now, it’s some marketing advice. So, here are the best quotations from Tribes: We Need You to Lead Us.
Human beings can’t help it: We need to belong. One of the most powerful of our survival mechanisms is to be part of a tribe, to contribute to (and take from) a group of like-minded people. — P.3
Partisans: It’s a criticism when you throw that word at a politician, …
The 20 Best Quotes From Romney and Ryan In The 2012 Debates
26 Oct 2012 3:27 am John Hawkins
20) I can tell you that if you were to elect President Obama, you know what you’re going to get. You’re going to get a repeat of the last four years. We just can’t afford four more years like the last four years. — Mitt Romney
19) We don’t have to settle for what we’re going through. We don’t have to settle for gasoline at four bucks. We don’t have to settle for unemployment at a chronically high level. We don’t have to settle for 47 million people on food stamps. …