Say, About That Wacky Poll About People Believing PBO Is A Muslim….
Marc A. Thiessen, certainly not as perky and hawt as Tiffany A. Thiessen (though, Marc certainly has a more steady gig), puts it all in perspective
Much attention has been paid in recent days to a poll by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life showing that 18 percent of Americans incorrectly believe that President Obama is a Muslim. But the results of another Pew poll on religion released last December were far more shocking. It turns out that 36 percent of Democrats claim to have communed with the dead, and that 19 percent believe in casting a curse on someone using the “evil eye.” Think about that: According Pew, more Democrats believe in the “evil eye” than Americans believe Obama is a Muslim.
The fact is you can find 20 percent of people anywhere who believe in almost anything. As The Post’s Aug. 22 Outlook section noted, 20 percent of Americans believe that space aliens have made contact with humans on Earth.
He also, to take the fun out of it, points out that Team Barry should be more concerned with the 55% who think he is a raging socialist, not too mention Obama’s tanking ratings, and Obama’s tanking economic policies. Heck, even in liberal Portland, Oregon, 21% believe he’s a Muslim. Weird. But, hey, cranks are everywhere!
- MLB umpires miss 20% of close calls
- Nearly 20 Percent of Drivers May Be ‘Unfit for Roads,’ Says Survey
- Researchers at Baylor University found 37 percent of those surveyed believed places can be haunted
- 20% admit to peeing in pools
- 6 percent believe that the moon landings did not take place.
- Twenty Percent of Americans Think the Sun Revolves Around Earth
- 22 percent believe President Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks in advance.
- 42% of Democrats think Bush either caused 9/11 or let it happen
- 12% Of Americans think that July 4th is Other/No Opinion
- 22% thought No Opinion/Other when asked what country the USA gained its independence from (same link)
- Only 14% think that the American system of government is not broken
- 5% do not believe in God
- 18% believe they have seen or been in the presence of a ghost
- 25% strongly approve of the job Obama is doing
- 21% believe in Michelle O. Hillary witches (yeah, cheap shot. Lighten up, Francis)
Really, I just had to make the list long enough to slip in that 2nd Tiffany photo, ya know.
About $135 million of our tax dollars in federal stimulus is being wasted on an upgrade for the Edith Green-Wendell
It looks like Mitt Romney is trying to be the GOP front runner for 2012. But he is one of