Next Punitive Tax: Meat
The power to tax is the power to destroy. Since the liberal kooks who run the government favor vegetarianism, that will mean the destruction of anyone who eats a normal human diet, if it’s up to prominent moonbat “ethicist” Peter Singer, who claims that “the reasons for a tax on beef and other meats are stronger than those for discouraging consumption of cigarettes, transfats or sugary drinks.” This is because:
1. Despite the fact that our teeth are clearly designed for eating meat, meat is supposedly bad for us.
2. Farming is bad because it’s cruel to animals. Let the chickens fly free!
3. Farm animals have to eat, and feeding them is a waste of food.
4. Fertilizer from crops fed to farm animals causes pollution.
…and finally, the topper:
5. Eating meat makes it be too hot out because animal farts cause global warming.
Singer’s solution: “a 50% tax on the retail value of all meat.”
Despite the impression his pronouncements will leave on any sane person, Peter Singer is not a hobo with congealed vomit in his hair, but a distinguished Professor of Bioethics at Princeton and a leading light of the liberal intelligentsia. How he missed becoming Obamao’s Diet Czar is anyone’s guess.
On a tip from Puffdaddy. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.
When I first came to Washington in 2008, I was told that the American people are instinctively conservative, but functionally
This is one thing that always flummoxes me. Over the last few decades American labor unions have increasingly become adjuncts,
The Freedom From Religion Foundation is one of the more extreme Left wing religion hating groups. To use Leftist terminology,