Next Punitive Tax: Meat
The power to tax is the power to destroy. Since the liberal kooks who run the government favor vegetarianism, that will mean the destruction of anyone who eats a normal human diet, if it’s up to prominent moonbat “ethicist” Peter Singer, who claims that “the reasons for a tax on beef and other meats are stronger than those for discouraging consumption of cigarettes, transfats or sugary drinks.” This is because:
1. Despite the fact that our teeth are clearly designed for eating meat, meat is supposedly bad for us.
2. Farming is bad because it’s cruel to animals. Let the chickens fly free!
3. Farm animals have to eat, and feeding them is a waste of food.
4. Fertilizer from crops fed to farm animals causes pollution.
…and finally, the topper:
5. Eating meat makes it be too hot out because animal farts cause global warming.
Singer’s solution: “a 50% tax on the retail value of all meat.”
Despite the impression his pronouncements will leave on any sane person, Peter Singer is not a hobo with congealed vomit in his hair, but a distinguished Professor of Bioethics at Princeton and a leading light of the liberal intelligentsia. How he missed becoming Obamao’s Diet Czar is anyone’s guess.
On a tip from Puffdaddy. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.
Ken Marrero over at Blue Collar Muse reminds us that there are a few Democrats that could possibly be persuaded
For Americans, the 4th of July is a time of barbecues and patriotic celebration. But for the New York Times