Bush Failed to Stop al Qaeda During Clinton Years By Scott Ott


A presidential briefing, dated August 6, 2001, and released by the White House yesterday, shows that in 1998 George W. Bush did nothing to respond to the threat of terror attacks from Usama bin Laden’s al Qaeda network.

In fact, when correlated with last week’s testimony before the 9/11 Commission by National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, it seems clear that the Bush administration had virtually no plan to act on top-secret intelligence gathered during the Clinton administration until after George W. Bush took office in 2001.

“The August 6 PDB (President’s Daily Brief) clearly shows that the White House knew of potential al Qaeda threats within the United States in 1998,” said an unnamed source from an unnamed, non-partisan Washington think tank, “and yet Texas Governor George W. Bush didn’t do anything about these threats until after he became president.”

A former senior official from in the Clinton administration, who requested anonymity, said that former President Bill Clinton was “aghast at the lethargic response of Governor Bush to the clear and present danger al Qaeda posed to our homeland in the 1990s.”

If you enjoyed this satire by Scott Ott, you can read more of his work at Scrappleface.

Related Articles

Democrats, Just Not So Democratic By Dan Riehl

One really must stop and appreciate this bit of irony, especially with Reid, Pelosi and Dean Reid, Pelosi and Dean

Week-End Bloggers

Here’s the Right Wing News week-end guest blogger line-up this week-end. Saturday ——– Cassy Fiano Rob Port from Say Anything

The Weekly World News Tells You More About Obama’s Background Than You Wanted To Know

Once again, the Weekly World News is covering the stories the mainstream media has been ignoring like Batboy running wild,