Alexa’s Top 5 Must Reads 7/1/10
- Six Months to Go Until The Largest Tax Hikes in History ATR
- Gunfire hitting City Hall prompts Texas AG to ask for more troops on border El Paso Times
- Florida school district bans Bibles on Religious Freedom Day Orlando Sentinel
- Supreme Court gun rights ruling will add to death toll The Hill
- Crist says no hookers on Bahamas trip Tampa Bay Times
In 2001 and 2003, the GOP Congress enacted several tax cuts for investors, small business owners, and families. These will all expire on January 1, 2011
Just what we need during a recession – thank you Obama and Democrats!
“More than 1,300 people have been murdered in JuÃ¡rez this year as a war continues relentlessly between the JuÃ¡rez and Sinaloa drug cartels,” he told Obama.
He also said the “time for talk has passed.”
The number of people being killed in the drug war is staggering, meanwhile Obama gives a speech to mollify his pro-amnesty base.
“How sad that on the eve of Independence Day, when we celebrate the religious and political freedom our forefathers won for us at the cost of much blood and great sacrifice, we are compelled to sue to protect the right simply to make free Bibles available to students in public schools,” said Mathew D. Staver, Liberty Counsel founder.
Sad indeed. But typical of public schools.
By Sen. Roland Burris (D-Ill.)
Amid one of the most violent and deadly summers Chicago has ever experienced, in which only the last few weeks have seen shootings that left 81 wounded and 13 dead, the Supreme Court ruled on Monday that an almost 30-year-old citywide ban on handgun ownership is unconstitutional.
Yeah, um, cuz that gun ban thing y’all have going is working out so well for ya!
Beth Kigel, a lobbyist, fundraiser and member of the state party executive committee from Palm Beach County, told investigators she had heard about a men-only trip to the Bahamas and that “women were involved and paid.”
Threw that one in there just for fun!
Cross-posted at AlexaShrugged.com
1) Our own government chides those of us who pay taxes for being greedy because we don’t want to give the politicians even more of our money to do things...Read More
While most Americans are celebrating Memorial Day Weekend and giving thanks to those that sacrificed their lives for freedom and
Political offices have their own personalities, usually reflecting either the leadership or the party involved.: However, there is an unspoken