America was told that the mysterious “missile” launch videotaped by a television news crew just off the southern coast of California November 10, was most likely just the contrail of a jet. The Defense Department and the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) have both opined publicly that as such, it did not pose any threat to U.S. security. The classic “nothing to see here, move along” response.
An exclusive report by World Net Daily’s Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin quotes two military experts who now say there was indeed a missile launch, it was likely from a Chinese submarine, and the decision to downplay the event could only have come from President Obama.
“Indeed, the Federal Aviation Administration documents that there were no aircraft flying in the area at that time, the night of Nov. 8.
The question that still must be answered is why NORAD’s muted response was simply that North America was not threatened, and later our government approved the lame excuse that the picture recorded was simply an aircraft leaving a contrail,” said retired U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Jim Cash.
A former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot and commander of an F-15 squadron and an F-16 wing, Cash was assigned to NORAD as an assistant director of operations at the Cheyenne Mountain complex near Colorado Springs, Colo., and is fully knowledgeable of NORAD procedures.
“There is absolutely no doubt that what was captured on video off the coast of California was a missile launch, was clearly observed by NORAD, assessed by a four-star general in minutes, and passed to the president immediately,” he said.
Even more ominously, cautioned Cash: “We must question the timing of this shot across our bow. The president was abroad being diplomatic, which means trying to placate China which is becoming overly concerned with our handling a totally out-of-control deficit in spending.”
Wayne Madsen, a former naval officer who has worked at the National Security Agency and the Naval Data Automation Command, said the inability to pick up what he described as a Chinese Jin-class submarine-launched ballistic missile isn’t the first time U.S. Navy anti-submarine warfare sensors have failed.
Madsen, who today is an investigative journalist, said the Pentagon is working “overtime with the media and on the Internet to cover up the latest debacle. However, even some reporters who cover the Pentagon full-time are beginning to question the Pentagon’s version of events … over the skies west of Los Angeles.”
Dr. Lyle J. Rapacki of Sentinel Intelligence Services, LLC, said the contrail incident off the Los Angeles coast is “fraught with peril” due to the defense systems and protocols in place that should have detected the alleged submarine.
“The decision to officially announce that North America was not threatened,” he said, “and all the excitement was due to an aircraft leaving a contrail is a decision that reaches beyond the four-star general level and goes directly to a decision made by the commander-in-chief.”
G2Bulletin calls to the Pentagon and NORAD for comment beyond previous official statements were not returned.
In November, 2006, CBS News reported that a Chinese “Song” class submarine had “stalked” the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk during a military exercise and suddenly “popped up” within five miles of the carrier, within shooting range.
The Washington Times speculated at the time the daring maneuver was a deliberate “thumb in the eye” to the 7th fleet to mark the first-ever visit of Adm. Gary Roughead, commander of the U.S. Navy’s Pacific Fleet. The humiliation of the U.S. Navy just as the four-star admiral arrived for his week-long visit and joint military exercises with China was heavily symbolic to the Chinese and not lost on the rest of the world.
2006 wasn’t the first time the Chinese had been caught perilously near the KittyHawk.
For two days in October 1994, aircraft from the Kitty Hawk chased a Chinese nuclear submarine to within three miles of the Chinese coast after the submarine was detected shadowing the carrier battle group about 200 miles away in the Yellow Sea.
The military/intelligence website “In From the Cold” also quoted experts who felt the Chinese were “making a point” very aggressively in 2006.
Pentagon intelligence officials say China’s military buildup in recent years has produced large numbers of submarines and surface ships, seeking to control larger portions of international waters in Asia, a move U.S. officials fear could restrict the flow of oil from the Middle East to Asia in the future.
In March, 2007, the Washington Times obtained a copy of a new Office of Naval Intelligence report showing China was in the midst of a major marine buildup.
“The new nuclear-powered missile submarines (SSBNs), identified as Type 094s, will be outfitted with new 5,000-mile range JL-2 missiles that “will provide China with a modern and robust sea-based nuclear deterrent force,” the ONI stated in report made up of written answers to questions on the Chinese submarine buildup…..
What would have been the significance of the Chinese firing a missile on November 10, 2010?
President Obama was on his much-ballyhooed Asian trip. On the l0th, he was enroute from Indonesia to Seoul, South Korea. In Korea, he performed a small wreath-laying ceremony to commemorate Veteran’s Day, which was on the 11th, the following day.
Sending off an impressive long-distance missile from the California coast pointed towards the Pacific while the President is trying to make a big impression in Asia on the anniversary of the one of the country’s most significant military holiday — would that have inspired a smug chuckle or two from the Chinese?
Is it any surprise that U.S. officials would, for the record, deny a Chinese attack sub was within miles of the highly-sensitive missile testing facility at Pt. Mugu?
It shouldn’t be a surprise at all that President Obama would lie about the military threat posed by China. President Bill Clinton lied about it throughout his administration, according to a speech given on the Senate floor in 1999 by Senator James Inhofe (R-Okla):
“1. President Clinton hosted over 100 campaign fundraisers in the White House, many with Chinese connections.
2. President Clinton used John Huang, Charlie Trie, Johnny Chung, James Riady, and others with strong Chinese ties to raise campaign money.
3. President Clinton signed waivers to allow his top campaign fundraiser’s aerospace company to transfer U.S. missile guidance technology to China.
4. President Clinton covered up the theft of our most valuable nuclear weapons technology.
5. President Clinton lied to the American people over 130 times about our nation’s security while he knew Chinese missiles were aimed at American children.
6. President Clinton single-handedly stopped the deployment of a national missile defense system, exposing every American life to a missile attack, leaving America with no defense whatsoever against an intercontinental ballistic missile.
Again, it doesn’t matter whether President Clinton did these things for Chinese campaign contributions because the motive for aiding and abetting our adversaries is not important. The fact is President Clinton did it and he knew exactly what he was doing.
I’m not a lawyer, but I have to ask, could President Clinton have been tried for impeachment for the wrong crime?
This Chinese missile launch on November 10 and all that it portends should send chills down American spines. We have Bill Clinton to blame for this, and God help us, we have Barack Obama to “defend” us now. Our own technology, stolen from us twenty years ago, is pointed at us now.
See previously on UNCOVERAGE.net: