Andrew Breitbart b> was a giant in his field who accomplished more than most men could in ten lifetimes in his all too short forty-three years and he has deserved every kind thing that has written about him since. But rather than being just one more person saying nice things about a great man, it seems more appropriate to pay respect to Breitbart by continuing his work. Breitbart loved nothing better than exposing the festering anger and hatred at the heart of modern liberalism. That’s why he retweeted the sick and demented things that liberals said about him on Twitter and it’s why, in honor of Andrew Breitbart, here are 20 examples of liberal hatred on display.
1) I hear about Tony Snow and say to myself, well, stand up every day, lie to the American people at the behest of your dictator-esque boss and well, how could a cancer NOT grow in you. Work for Fox News, spinning the truth in to a billion knots and how can your gut not rot? I know, it’s terrible. I admit it. I don’t wish anyone harm, even Tony Snow. And I do hope he recovers or at least does what he feels is best and surrounds himself with friends and family for his journey. But in the back of my head there’s Justin Timberlake’s “What goes around, goes around, comes around, comes all the way back around, ya.” — Charles Karel Bouley at The Huffington Post
2) (Palin) did a disservice to every woman in America. She knew from the first month of pregnancy that kid was going to be Down’s Syndrome. It’s brain dead. A virtual vegetable. She carries it to all these different political events against abortion, she did it just because she didn’t want to say she’d had an abortion. How long is it going to live? Another 12, 15 years? Doesn’t even know it’s in this world. So what kind of compassionate conservative is she? I don’t think anybody will want her near the White House. — Larry Flynt
3) Do you remember tea baggers? It was just so much easier when we could just call them racists. I just don’t know why we can’t call them racists, or functionally retarded adults. The functionally retarded adults, the racists – with their cries of, “I want my country back.” You know what they’re really saying is, “I want my white guy back.” They apparently had no problem at all for the last eight years of habeas corpus being suspended, the Constitution being [expletive] on, illegal surveillance, lied to on a war or two, two stolen elections – yes, the John Kerry one was stolen too. That’s not tin-foil hat time. That’s just… — Janeane Garofalo
4) How about just tracking down every single person who said drill baby drill and putting them all in prison. Why don’t we do that? Starting with Michael Steele. — Alan Grayson blockquote>
5) Karl (Rove) is a shameless b*stard. This could explain why his mother killed herself. Once she discovered what a despicable soul she had spawned she apparently saw no other way out. — Ex-CIA agent Larry Johnson
6) Why couldn’t, uh, why couldn’t have (Rush Limbaugh) croaked from it instead of Heath Ledger? — Bill Maher b>
7) Well, keep it up boys, just keep it up, um except for one thing: you rat bastards are going to cause another Murrah federal building explosion, you are. And then – what is Beck – maybe at that point Beck will do the honorable thing and blow his brains out.
Maybe at that point, Limbaugh will do the honorable thing and just gobble up enough – enough Viagra that he becomes absolutely rigid and keels over dead.
Maybe then O’Reilly will just drink a vat of the poison he spews out on America every night and choke to death! Because that’s what’s gonna to happen, that’s what they are pushing these right-wing, nut case, fringe, militia jerk-wads to doing! — Mike Malloy
8) I know how the “tea party” people feel, the anger, venom and bile that many of them showed during the recent House vote on health- care reform. I know because I want to spit on them, take one of their “Obama Plan White Slavery” signs and knock every racist and homophobic tooth out of their Cro-Magnon heads. — The Washington Post’s Courtland Milloy
9) So, 4000 rubes are dead. Cry me the Tigris. Another 30,000 have been seriously wounded. Boo f*cking hoo. They got what they asked for–and cool robotic limbs, too.
…The nearly two-thirds of us who know this war is bullsh*t need to stop sucking off the troops. They get enough action raping female soldiers and sodomizing Iraqi detainees. — Ian Murphy a>
10) On so many levels (S.E. Cupp’s) a perfect demonstration of the necessity of the work Planned Parenthood does. — Keith Olbermann
11) All of you are white. Go to hell! Go to hell! Go to hell! Go to hell! — Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price
12) Over time, however, the endless war in Iraq began to play a role in natural selection. Only idiots signed up; only idiots died. Back home, the average I.Q. soared. — Ted Rall blockquote>
13) It’s good (Michelle Malkin’s) in D.C. and I’m in New York. I’d spit on her if I saw her. — Geraldo Rivera
14) President Obama is going to be visiting Joplin, Missouri, on Sunday, but you know what they’re talking about? Like this right-wing slut, what’s her name, Laura Ingraham? Yeah, she’s a talk slut. You see, she was, back in the day, praising President Reagan when he was drinking a beer overseas. But now that Obama’s doing it, they’re working him over. — Ed Schultz
15) I’m prepared to keep an open mind and propose another stunt for climate sceptics – put your strong views to the test by exposing yourselves to high concentrations of either carbon dioxide or some other colourless, odourless gas – say, carbon monoxide. You wouldn’t see or smell anything. Nor would your anti-science nonsense be heard of again. How very refreshing. — Jill Singer
16) (Rush Limbaugh) just wants the country to fail. To me that’s treason. He’s not saying anything different than what Osama Bin Laden is saying. You might want to look into this, sir, because I think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker but he was just so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight. … Rush Limbaugh, I hope the country fails, I hope his kidneys fail, how about that? — Wanda Sykes
17) So Andrew Breitbart is dead. Here’s what I have to say to that, and I’m sure Breitbart himself would have respected this reaction: Good! F*ck him. I couldn’t be happier that he’s dead. — Matt Taibi
18) I really don’t give a f*ck (about Polanski’s rape of a 13 year old). Look, am I going to sit and weep every time a young hooker feels as though she’s been taken advantage of?”- Gore Vidal a>
19) [Andrew Breitbart]…I want that bastard destroyed. Now.[...] when I say I want him destroyed I am not kidding. I want to see him penniless, homeless, begging on the street for money to buy food[...] he can die on the street so far as I’m concerned[...] let you and your rich ass Brentwood family suffer. — Tim Wise
20) White folk done took this country. You’re in their home, and they’re gonna let you know it….You are not now, nor have you ever been, nor will you ever be a brother to white folk and if you do not realize that, you are in serious trouble. – Jeremiah Wright blockquote>