Four Reasons There Shouldn’t Be a Mosque at Ground Zero
There’s a time and a place for everything. For example, there may be nothing wrong with building a museum of Japanese military history, but would the place for that be Pearl Harbor? How about our First Amendment right to speak out — that’s important, isn’t it? So does that mean it’s supposed to be okay for the God hates f*gs crackpots to protest at funerals? How about burning an American flag? Know how the US Flag Code suggests you get rid of a flag?
The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
However, if you take that same flag, drag it on the ground, stomp on it, and burn it at a protest, the act of burning it takes on a very different meaning, doesn’t it?
That brings us to September 11, 2001. Radical Muslim terrorists, who used their faith to justify murdering Americans, killed almost 3,000 people and knocked the World Trade Center down. Fast forward to the present day, less than ten years later, and believe it or not, there’s actually an acrimonious debate about whether or not a mega-mosque overlooking Ground Zero will be built. Let me tell you why we should not be doing that.
1) Radical Muslims knocked the World Trade Center down in the name of Islam. For other Muslims to try to benefit from that act by building a mosque on that spot is insensitive, disgusting, and utterly vile. Not only will many of the family members of the people who died on 9/11 be grossly offended, this in-your-face mosque will provoke volcanic levels of anger around the country. If you spent a billion dollars to promote loathing, dislike, and disgust with the Muslim faith, you probably couldn’t accomplish more than building this mosque will.
2) Traditionally, Islam has built mosques on historical sites as a sign of conquest. Look at the Hagia Sophia in Turkey, the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, and the Great Mosque of Cordoba in Spain. In every case, Muslims built mosques on those spots to send a message: “We conquered you, took your holy site, and now it belongs to us.” That is the exact same message that building this mosque is supposed to send. In fact, just in case you missed what they’re trying to do, they’re naming it Cordoba House just to make sure no one can be confused.
3) The people involved with putting this project together can claim that they’re “moderates,” but they know that around the world, building this mosque will be considered the greatest victory for radical Islam since 9/11. Yes, Osama Bin Laden will be cheering. Radical Muslims will be handing out sweets in the streets, just like they did after 9/11. The people who hate our country with every fiber of their being will be heartened by this incredible “victory” over America. Is that the message we want to send to our enemies?
4) Europe has had an extremely difficult time assimilating Muslims into Western culture. Although percentage-wise, Muslims may make up a small part of the population, they often get away with behaving almost like an oppressive majority. Sharia and polygamy have become the law of the land in parts of Britain. Non-Muslim women in part of Amsterdam have started wearing veils for protection. Belgian police officers have been told not to drink coffee in public during Ramadan. In France, Muslim violence, riots, and car burnings are just considered to be a part of life.
You may say, “That can’t happen here.” Setting aside the fact that is most assuredly exactly what most of the residents of all the aforementioned nations once thought, it has already started here. Newspapers are afraid to show Danish cartoons of Muhammad. Comedy Central, which is planning a whole show dedicated to mocking Jesus, refuses to show Muhammad’s image on South Park.
Even as the people building the mega-mosque at Ground Zero are remorselessly taking advantage of the American people’s desire to be tolerant to get support for their project, what they’re doing fits in perfectly with the sort of backwards, uncivilized, and anti-social behavior that Muslims have tried to force on Western culture in Europe. If we continue to allow political correctness to prevent us from standing up for what’s right for our country, we will pay a price in freedom, civilization, and human decency that we may never get back.
1) Our own government chides those of us who pay taxes for being greedy because we don’t want to give the politicians even more of our money to do things...Read More
When did… 1) ….Educated people become so unfamiliar with small business that they began to believe that a company will
Because Barack Obama voted “present” on the health care bill by refusing to submit his own bill, Americans have been