by John Hawkins | November 2, 2010 1:07 am
If you ask the Left, they’ll give you every excuse in the book for why they’re going to get their brains beaten out today. The economy is bad, Obama cooperates too much with the Republicans, the American people are irrational, it’s Bush’s fault — it goes on and on.
What you will very seldom hear are liberals admitting that they richly deserve to be decimated today because of their poor performance, terrible policies, and astonishing arrogance. Most conservatives are willing to admit that the American public rejected the GOP in 2006 and 2008 because the Republican Party did a lousy job. If and when liberals are willing to admit that they deserve the beating that they’re going to get, then you’ll know that they’re starting to act a little more like adults and a little less like, well….liberals.
In order to help our liberal pals get a grip on reality, here are 7 quotations that help explain why the Democrats are going to get annihilated at the ballot box today.
1) “As she prepares to step down as President Obama’s chief economist, Christina Romer said Friday that she wishes she could redo one of her first official acts for the president: last January’s forecast that a big shot of federal spending would save millions of jobs and keep the unemployment rate under 8 percent.” — The Washington Post
Right out of the gate, the Democrats passed the largest stimulus bill in the history of our country. Republicans said the massive bill would run up the debt and wouldn’t help the economy. On the other hand, Democrats promised that the stimulus plan would spur job creation and keep the unemployment rate below 8%; therefore, it would be worth it to dramatically run up our debt. Well, guess what? We got the debt, but not the jobs.
2) “But I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking.” — Barack Obama
Remember the Barack Obama we all saw on the campaign trail, particularly in the early part of the race? Most people found Obama to be charismatic and uplifting. He came across as a moderate and talked incessantly about hope, change, and unity. As he got deeper into the race and looked more likely to win, the narcissism started to show through, but early on, Obama did a great job of hiding his real personality. Well, now that Obama’s in office and having a tough time, the mask has slipped, the charisma is gone, and Obama comes across as the Democratic version of Richard Nixon: paranoid, dishonest, and nasty.
3) “If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.” — Barack Obama
Speaking of the mask slipping, Barack Obama has gone from pretending to be a post-racial healer to an ugly demagogue who tells Latinos that Republicans are their “enemies.” One of the things that made Barack Obama appealing to so many Americans was the belief that he’d help Americans get beyond race-based grievances. Instead, we now have a President who fans the flames of race-based hatred.
4) “Every single great idea that has marked the 21st century, the 20th century and the 19th century has required government vision and government incentive.” — Joe Biden
For the last two years, the Democrats’ answer to every question has been more spending and bigger government. This came after George W. Bush left office with an approval rating in the twenties in large part because people felt like he’d grown government instead of shrinking it. If people didn’t want an extra helping of government under Bush, they certainly didn’t want a seven course meal of government under Obama. Businesses don’t want it either, which is part of the reason that they’re still not hiring new employees. Until Democrats start to realize government is part of the problem with America, not the solution to America’s problems, they’re going to be out of step with the American people.
5) “Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’ The answer is yes, that’s what I’m telling you.” — Joe Biden
If spending money got us out of debt, we’d have the largest cash reserves in the history of mankind by now. But instead, regrettably, we’ve increased our debt so fast over the last couple of years that it’s threatening the future of our country. In fact, we’ve spent so much more than we have, so quickly, that the idea that our nation could go bankrupt no longer seems far-fetched to the average American.
6) “What good is reading the (health care) bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?” — John Conyers
It has not escaped the American people that never before has there been so much momentous legislation passed by people who not only didn’t know what was in it, but also didn’t care that they didn’t know what was in it.
7) “There’s going to be a tendency on the part of our people to be in denial about (Scott Brown’s win), but if you lose Massachusetts and that’s not a wake-up call, there’s no hope of waking up.” — Evan Bayh
When angry Americans showed up at townhall meetings, Democrats claimed they were “astroturf.” When the Tea Partiers gathered, Democrats wrote them off as extremists. When Scott Brown won “Ted Kennedy’s seat” in a race that revolved around stopping health care reform, Democrats just shrugged it off. When the polls showed staunch and growing opposition to health care reform, Democrats said the American people would learn to love it. Well, guess what? November is here, nobody has learned to love Obamacare, and now, the American people are going to use the last option they have left to get through to the Democrats in D.C.: voting the bums out.
Source URL: http://rightwingnews.com/john-hawkins/explaining-why-the-democrats-will-be-obliterated-today-in-7-quotes/
Copyright ©2015 John Hawkins' Right Wing News