My latest Townhall column is called, 20 Observations About Human Nature That Liberals Would Probably Disagree With. Here’s an excerpt from the column.
1) Working hard, being self-reliant and taking responsibility for your own life are good for you and will make you much happier than having too much leisure time, being overly dependent and giving others responsibility for your life.
2) The more a behavior is rewarded with attention, fame, sympathy or money, the more of it we’ll see. We recognize this almost instinctively when it comes to good behaviors, but we also tend to almost habitually block it out when it comes to behaviors we don’t want to encourage.
3) There’s nothing shameful about being poor — but, if you stay poor over the long haul in a country like America, you’re doing something wrong.
4) Oftentimes, the line between bully and victim is very thin indeed. As a matter of fact, the most vicious, nasty and sadistic people you are likely to ever run into will probably view themselves as victims or advocates on behalf of those they believe have been victimized.
5) Human beings are born as selfish, savage, feral little beasts not much different from wolves or tigers. The reason they don’t remain that way is because of the conditioning they learn from their parents, their friends, their church, their entertainment, their teachers and other factors. The worse we become at transmitting important values to children, the more degenerate, sinful and crime-ridden our society will become.
Once again, you can read it all here.