Welcome To ObamaWorld: Large Number Of Companies Announce Layoffs Post Election
Quite a few companies are giving their position on the election outcome
(The Blaze) Do elections have consequences? If you have been paying attention to the financial markets, you might think so. Wall Street has had two horrible days since President Obama won a second term.
However, stock prices are not the only thing taking a hit. It appears that the job market is also suffering. In the last 48 hours, the following major corporations have announced layoffs in America (links take you to news stories about the layoffs — with details from the companies):
- Energizer(1500 employees)
- Westinghouse (50)
- Research in Motion Limited (200)
- Lightyear Network Solutions (around a dozen)
- Providence Journal (23)
- Hawker Beechcraft (240)
- Boeing (30% of their management staff)
- CVPH Medical Center (17)
- US Cellular (980)
- Momentive Performance Materials (150)
- Rocketdyne (100)
- Brake Parts (75)
- Vestas Wind Systems (3,000) (they were also a recipient of $50 million from the Stimulus)
- Husqvarna (600)
- Center for Hospice New York (up to 40)
- Bristol-Meyers (480)
- OCE North America (135)
- West Ridge Mine (closing up to 204 mines)
- United Blood Services Gulf(up to 10% of workforce)
Also mentioned is Darden Restaurants, which is going to limit workers to 28 hours a week to avoid ObamaCare requirements regarding full time workers.
The story also lists a large number of companies that announced that they are closing. And then we go to Daily Job Cuts and find more (partial list)
- Update: Exide Technologies in Laureldale – 150
- Southeastern Container – 15
- Plexus Corp – Contract Loss Could = Layoffs
- Yakima Regional Medical Center Washington – 10+
- Crouse Hospital Syracuse NY – 70 Jobs
- Eagle-Tribune in North Andover – 21
- Ameridose LLC – up to 650 Layoffs
- EMD Millipore St. Charles – Some Layoffs
- Groupon – 80
- Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne – 100
- Slidell La. – Warns of Possible Layoffs
We also get many more closings, including
- Career Education Corp – Closing 23 Campuses – 900 Jobs Lost
- Caterpillar Inc. will close its plant in Owatonna Minn.
- Update: TE Connectivity Closing Greensboro Plant – 620 Layoffs Expected
And plenty more small companies.
Are all these a pure response to Obama’s re-election? Surely, no. There are layoffs and closings every day. But, this was a huge number post election, and those super evil rich people who provide the jobs are certainly highlighting the state of the economy and what they expect the economy to do in the future. They’re telling people they voted for lollipops and unicorns, they voted because they prefer likeability over competence and experience, they voted for more of the same and blamestorming over a proven track record of success. Quite a few companies are laying people off directly due to the ObamaCare tax that’s a penalty but a tax but a penalty. From Twitchy we get
— Michael Kent (@popparollo) November 8, 2012
I’m offering a shiny new unicorn to any reporter who asks Obama about all the layoffs and closings. That is, if Obama deigns to take questions. Doubtful.
The Republican establishment led by such folks as Senators Mitch McConnell and John McCain don’t want to fight the Democrats.
If you’ll recall, Big Labor was one of the biggest cheerleaders for Obamacare. Big Labor was insistent that Obama’s take