“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Joe Geoghagan is a 31 year old veteran and he’s begging the VA not to let him starve to death. Let me repeat that. Joe Geoghagan is a 31 year...Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
My friend Lennie Jarratt was featured on Fox News Chicago last night. The subject was the $85 billion dollar deficit
A quick review of the headlines for November 16, 2011 reveals that there’s yet more “progressive” insanity afoot. DEBT JUMPS
That was Wednesday, a tweet from Obama’s official 2012 campaign Twitter account. But, remember, his jobs bill isn’t about him