“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
The Epoch Times has a stunner of a story for January 22. Unbeknownst to most Americans, China insulted the United
(The outrageous attacks by our government on our freedoms and liberties are coming in wave after wave. From attempts to
Yeah, I stole the new name from Jim Treacher. But, hey, I wonder if Pelosi wants Harry Reid investigated? Wouldn’t