“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Terrorists aren’t often accused of being particularly bright. And that dimness is on full display as a group of ISIS jihadis attempt to launch a cannon, with hilarious results. Every...Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
One of President Obama’s favorite go-to items to “stimulate” the economy is building new rail lines, especially high-speed rail. Many
Newsradio 620 in Milwaukee has a shocking story about the dirty underground efforts by the Chicago political machine loyal to
On June 24 the House of Representatives passed by a bare minimum number of votes the DISCLOSE Act, a law