Video: ‘Starting From Zero’
To officially kick off our ninth year of blogging over at Ed Driscoll.com, here’s our latest Silicon Graffiti video, the first of a two part series, in which we look at several attempts by the left to, as Tom Wolfe would say, “Start from Zero,” and hit the CTL-ALT-DLT keys on western civilization. We’ll explore:
- The rapid social and technological gains western civilization was making in the 19th century before…
- …The arrival of Marx, Nietzsche, and other nascent “progressives,” to upset mankind’s Etch-a-Sketch.
- Nietzsche’s 1882 “God is Dead” aphorism, which ol’ Friedrich definitely considered to be a two-edged sword.
- How World War I set the stage for the rest of the horrors of the 20th century, via a quote from Jonah Goldberg’s Liberal Fascism.
- A la Woody Allen in Annie Hall, an awards ceremony for the most bloodthirsty leftwing tyrant of the 20th century.
- How the Bauhaus and other elements of the Weimar Republic were helping Germany “Start from Zero,” even before the Nazis arrived.
- A mournful 1966 Time magazine cover echoes Nietzsche, followed by more sixties reprimitivization, Haight-Ashbury style.
Click here to watch:
And tune in next week, when we go Forward into the past, and watch the left punitively decide that if they can’t get mankind to start from zero, they can take things away for the common good, to paraphrase Hillary, and return us, piecemeal to zero.
And thank you for stopping by over the last nine years!
(Originally posted at Ed Driscoll.com)
1) Our own government chides those of us who pay taxes for being greedy because we don’t want to give the politicians even more of our money to do things...Read More
Inarguably, most Muslims in the United States aren’t terrorists, but just as inarguably, most terrorists are Muslims. We’re getting to
Michelle Malkin has touched on this earlier, but I thought I’d give my take on this absurdity in a video.
An elementary school in Fort Collins, Colorado came under fire last week for having placed in the school a smaller