Union’s Battle Against Ohio Heats Up
On November 8, Ohioans will go to the polls to vote on a series of ballot initiatives, among them Issue 2.
A yes vote will support Governor Kasich’s collective bargaining reform (SB 5) to become law. A no vote would return power to the bloated, thieving unions to do hat they have always done: steal from the taxpayers. (I wonder if you can tell which side I am on, here? Ha, ha)
Unions have rolled into Ohio with millions of dollars for anti-issue 2 advertising, donations to politicians, and the usual corrupt bargaining behind the scenes that unions generally employ. Sadly, it looks like their big money has persuaded too many Ohioans to back the unions as polling shows Issue 2 is losing with voters.
Politico notes the numbers stacked up against good government with Issue 2:
The survey found 57 percent of voters said they support the repeal of what is know as “SB 5,” while 32 percent said they are against the bill’s repeal, amounting to a 25-point margin against the measure. In September, there was just a 13-point margin, with 51 percent saying they supported the repeal of SB 5 and 38 percent indicating they were against it.
If unions win this it will severely damage Governor Kasich’s ability to solve the $46.5 billion in unfunded liabilities that unions and their Democrat lapdogs have caused the state to become mired in.
For those of you interested in more info, here are some articles and resources.
- ‘Yes’ to all three questions on Ohio’s statewide ballot, by Kevin O’Brien
- Ohio: Issue 2, Collective Bargaining and the Moral High Ground
- OEA Employee: “OEA’s attitude is about power”
- Chart: We Are Ohio Funding
- Union Bosses Use Soldiers as Props
- NEA Attacks Ohio Union Reform
- The Truth About Senate Bill 5
- With Each Ohio Citizen Owing Government Workers $6150, Union Bosses Urge A Return To Cannibalism
- Are They Ohio? National Labor Orgs Fund Anti-Reform Union Front Group
- We Are Ohio’s ‘Facts’
Here are some good resources
- Myths vs. Truth | Building a Better Ohio
- We Are Ohio Bus Tour: Facts & Figures | Building a Better Ohio
1) Our own government chides those of us who pay taxes for being greedy because we don’t want to give the politicians even more of our money to do things...Read More
Warner Todd Huston
Warner Todd Huston is a Chicago-based freelance writer, has been writing opinion editorials and social criticism since early 2001 and is featured on many websites such as Andrew Breitbart's BigGovernment.com, BigJournalsim.com and all Breitbart News' other sites, RightWingNews.com, CanadaFreePress.com, and many, many others. Additionally, he has been a frequent guest on talk-radio programs across the country to discuss his opinion editorials and current events as well as appearing on TV networks such as CNN, Fox News, Fox Business Network, and various Chicago-based news programs. He has also written for several history magazines and appears in the book "Americans on Politics, Policy and Pop Culture" which can be purchased on amazon.com. He is also the owner and operator of PubliusForum.com. Feel free to contact him with any comments or questions : EMAIL Warner Todd Huston and follow him on Twitter, on Google Plus , and Facebook.
As we discussed a few days ago, Senate Democrat Majority Leader Harry Reid still intends to push the bill that
See more Liberal Logic at LiberalLogic101.com
The Mexican drug cartels are perhaps the most dangerous groups in human history filled with inhuman monsters. And it looks