Kay Hagan Is Bummed About Those Medicare Cuts She Voted For
She and other vulnerable Democrats finally realized that their Obamacare votes have consequences, so they wrote a letter (via NRO)
- In 2009, Senator Kay Hagan (D-NC) promised North Carolinians who depend on Medicare that she was going to “protect Medicare” and that they would “not see a drop in their Medicare coverage.”
- But in 2010 Kay Hagan voted to slash Medicare Advantage to pay for ObamaCare. (H.R. 4872, CQ Vote #72: Motion agreed to 56-42: R 0-40; D 54-2; I 2-0, 3/24/10, Hagan Voted Yea)
- In North Carolina 463,159 seniors depend on Medicare Advantage plans (28% of all Medicare enrollees).
- According to America’s Health Insurance Plans, in North Carolina, seniors on Medicare Advantage plans experienced cost increases and benefit cuts of an estimated $50-60 per month as a result of this year’s 6 percent cut to the program due to ObamaCare.
- Now, as North Carolina seniors are being crushed under the weight of ObamaCare and as her own poll numbers plummet, Kay Hagan admits in a letter to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid that she cut Medicare for seniors after promising North Carolinians that they wouldn’t “see a drop in their Medicare coverage”
- Hagan’s letter reads: “We write to raise serious concerns about the Medicare Advantage (MA) 2015 rate notice and the impact further cuts may have on the millions of individuals enrolled in the program,” the senators write. “We are strongly committed to preserving the high quality health plan choices and benefits that our constituents receive through the MA program. Given the impact that payment policies could have on our constituents, we ask that you prioritize beneficiaries’ experience and minimize disruption in maintaining payment levels for 2015.”
“Kay Hagan promised North Carolinians that ObamaCare wouldn’t harm seniors who rely on Medicare, but that wasn’t true,” said NRSC Press Secretary Brook Hougesen. “Kay Hagan has repeatedly deceived North Carolina voters. Now even though Kay Hagan admits that she slashed Medicare Advantage to pay for ObamaCare, she is trying to blame others for her broken promises. Hagan’s reckless cuts to Medicare mean fewer benefits and health care choices for seniors. Deceiving seniors about Medicare isn’t the first lie Kay Hagan told about ObamaCare, but it serves as the latest reminder that North Carolinians can’t trust her to keep her word.”
If only there was something Kay and the other Senate Democrats could actually do. Some power delegated to them by the Constitution. But, then, perhaps they should have been concerned with what Obamacare would do before they stampeded straight to passing the Obamination of a bill.
People don’t like to talk about America’s culture for the same reason that a man who just had a heart attack doesn’t want to discuss the double bacon cheeseburger he’s...Read More
Usually when a politician finds his mugshot in the newspaper or on TV it signals about the end of his
Democrat Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee from Texas thinks it is the job of Congress to write a President’s Executive Orders.
The ongoing revelations of the intimidation of conservatives executed by Obama’s IRS and FEC agencies are still coming to light