Byron York assembled a collection of some of the many times that candidate Barack Obama told us he’d “roll back” those Bush tax cuts “for the rich.”
Of course, we all know there was never any “tax cuts for the rich,” but from the left’s perspective, Obama has lied to them big time. Will they accept this fact or will they ignore it and pretend everything is still fine proving that they, too, are liars?
- “It’s true that I want to roll back the Bush tax cuts on the wealthiest Americans.”
Chester, Pennsylvania, October 28, 2008
- “We are going to roll back the Bush tax cuts on the wealthiest Americans, those making more than $250,000 a year.”
Lake Worth, Florida, October 21, 2008
- “Yes, I’m going to roll back the Bush tax cuts for the very wealthiest Americans.”
New Philadelphia, Ohio, September 3, 2008
- “I think it is very important to roll back the Bush tax cuts on some of the wealthiest Americans.”
Chesapeake, Virginia, August 21, 2008
- “We’re going to have to roll back the Bush tax cuts on the top one percent.”
Fargo, North Dakota, July 3, 2008
- “I’m going to roll back the Bush tax cuts back to the levels they were in the 1990s.”
Interview with Fox News Channel, June 26, 2008
- “I will roll back the Bush tax cuts on people making over $250,000.”
Watertown, South Dakota, May 16, 2008
- “We are going to roll back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.”
Raleigh, North Carolina, May 3, 2008
This is just a tiny fraction of the number of times he made this claim, too. York has more in his piece. Go check it out.
This just shows that this president is probably a bigger liar than any we’ve ever had in office.