Feinstein To Introduce Evil Looking Gun Bill Today
Which will go nowhere, but, will give the anti-gunnites a chance to bloviate
(USA Today) California Democrat Dianne Feinstein will begin her fourth full term as a U.S. senator much as she started her Senate career: fighting for a ban on assault weapons.
Feinstein’s new bill, which will be introduced Thursday in the Senate, among other things proposes to:
- Ban the sale, transfer, importation or manufacturing of about 150 named firearms, plus certain rifles, handguns and shotguns fitted for detachable magazines and having at least one military characteristic.
- Strengthen the 1994 ban by moving from a two- to a one-characteristic test to determine what constitutes an assault weapon.
- Ban firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons.”
- Ban the importation of assault weapons and large-capacity magazines.
- Ban high-capacity ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds.
The bill would grandfather in weapons legally owned on the day of enactment and exempts over 900 specific weapons “used for hunting or sporting purposes.”
We’ve discussed this previously, and what DiFi’s bill would do would be to outlaw virtually every mean looking gun with a pistol grip, most which are used for “hunting or sporting purposes”, but will leave the exact same weapons, sans pistol grip, legal.
“I became mayor as a product of assassination,” she told USA TODAY.
While county supervisor and mayor, Feinstein said, she saw “up-close and personal the death and destruction that these guns carry with them.”
“I have watched these incidents from 1966, which was the first one, the Texas bell tower, and watched it go through school after school, business after business, law firm after law firm,” she said. In 1966, former Marine Charles Whitman killed 14 people and wounded 32 others while shooting from atop the tower on the University of Texas campus in Austin.
But it was a mass shooting at a law firm in a San Francisco high-rise in 1993 that began her long push against the availability of assault weapons; the first version became law in 1994 and expired in 2004.
I have news for you, DiFi: Whitman used guns that would be exempt from your ban. Regarding the assassination of Harvey Milk which let you become mayor, Dan White used a .38 caliber revolver and brought 10 extra rounds. Your legislation would make no difference. As for the 1993 shooting, Gian Luigi Ferri was clearly nuts. But, facts are not necessary when a Democrat is trying to make an end run around the 2nd Amendment and disarm the public.
1) Our own government chides those of us who pay taxes for being greedy because we don’t want to give the politicians even more of our money to do things...Read More
Last night’s Vice Presidential debate did put more pressure on Vice President Biden, who was tasked with delivering the same
The Department of Homeland Security has alarmed people, including members of Congress like Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.) and Doug LaMalfa (R-Kan.),
It’s time to show appreciation for America’s job creators and investors. : Justen Charters, Founder of Rebooting America, has declared