Jay Sekulow of the ACLJ speaks in a variety of media outlets daily about how proud he is of America, despite the calamities that exist in American life. America is the greatest country in the world and one we should always be proud of.
From a variety of sources and viewpoints, some great viewpoints on patriotism.
· “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.” Abraham Lincoln
· “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” Elmer Davis
· “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty.” John F. Kennedy
· “Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I’m not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be.” John Wayne
· “We must always remember that America is a great nation today not because of what government did for people but because of what people did for themselves and for one another.” Richard Nixon
· “There is no limit to the greatness of America!” George W. Bush
· “Liberals become indignant when you question their patriotism, but simultaneously work overtime to give terrorists a cushion for the next attack and laugh at dumb Americans who love their country and hate the enemy.” Ann Coulter
· “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” Nathan Hale
· “Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.” Adlai E. Stevenson
· “One, if you attack my integrity, I will defend myself. If you attack my patriotism, I will defend myself. If you come after my family, I will counter-attack viciously, I will destroy you.” Scott Ritter
· “The American patriots of today continue the tradition of the long line of patriots before them, by helping to promote liberty and freedom around the world.” John Linder
· “Patriotism is easy to understand in America. It means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.” Calvin Coolidge
· “This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in.” Theodore Roosevelt
· “You cannot spill a drop of American blood without spilling the blood of the whole world…. We are not a nation, so much as a world.” Herman Melville
What are your favorite quotes on patriotism?
Ronn Torossian is an author, entrepreneur & philanthropist.