Helping the Greater Good: From Quadriga Art to Jay Sekulow, Elie Hirschfeld to Irving Moskowitz
So many are good and committed to the right values in this world.: : To name some:
- The: Irving Moskowitz: Foundation is a charitable foundation which has a simple precept and motto -: : ‘He who has saved one life, it is as if he has saved the world’ and they use that as the simple precept for the many they have helped worldwide
- Elie Hirschfeld: is a trustee for over 30 years of the Continuum Health Partners group of hospitals, where his donations have topped over 1 million dollars.: : He started giving to these hospitals after witnessing the miracle of life — his first two children were born at Roosevelt Hospital. One in every four NYC hospital patients is treated by this group.
- Others, like: Quadriga Art: have helped over 500 of the world’s most successful non-profits around the world and believes that non-profits are saving lives, changing the world and making a difference.: : They help people with non-profits in a wide variety of arenas — from health and medicine to education and culture, social services to children’s welfare.
- Jay Sekulow: and the ACLJ are devoted to ethics and values.: : One of their most recent projects is opposing a: top FCC Commissioner who wants every broadcast station in America to undergo a public value test where the FCC can take away a stations license if it doesn’t like what it hears.: : The ACLJ believes The Federal Communications Commission has no business telling broadcasters what to air.: : They fight and challenge what they see as injustice wherever it is.
Some great quotes detailing the actions like the folks above:
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.”: Elizabeth Andrew
“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.”: Oscar Wilde
“Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”: Mark Twain
“We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.”: Winston Churchill
“The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.”Albert Einstein
Ronn Torossian is a Public Relations executive and active in the charity world.
1) Our own government chides those of us who pay taxes for being greedy because we don’t want to give the politicians even more of our money to do things...Read More
How did women get birth control before President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act? Before Obamacare, a woman could go to