Crazy Juan Cole: Coal Should Be Criminalized
I’m sure all Warmists (cough JoeB cough) will now refuse to use any power that comes from coal, right? (via Tom Nelson)
(Informed Consent) Muller’s study analyzed all the weather data available since 1750 and found that the average temperature of the earth increase by 1 percent from 1750 to 1850, and has increased another 1.5 percent since 1850, for a total of 2.5 percent since the beginnings of the industrial revolution.
That sounds evil and “we’re doooooomed”, eh? What Muller stated was that there was a whopping 1.5 degree Celsius rise since 1750. That’s 2.5 Fahrenheit. During a typical warm period, said period coming right on time during the cycle. Yawn.
…If we go on the way we have been, spewing ever more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, we will produce a tropical planet with no ice on it and will forestall any further ice ages for at least 100,000 years. Since there are places humans now live, such as cities in Sindh, Pakistan, that already reach over 130 degrees F. in the summer, likely the planet we are creating will have large swathes of uninhabitable scorching places on it. Climate change will involve extreme weather events like massive storms, and these in turn may damage the ozone layer, sunburning us all to death.
A tropical planet like during most of the history of the earth? Nothing too unhinged and overwrought in that, eh?
One obvious lesson of Muller’s study is that coal should be banned immediately and its manufacture and distribution should be criminalized…This task has to be our number one priority, more important than fighting a small terrorist organization in distant lands, more important than spending 20 times on the war industries what our closest ally does, more important that imprisoning people for a few tokes, more important than tax breaks for the wealthy, more important than reproductive issues…
And there you go. I expect all Warmists who cite and read Juan Cole to immediately determine if they are the recipients of power from coal fired plants and STOP! Whether it be home, the office, when traveling. No, carbon offsets do not cut it, they aren’t acceptable. Heck, any Warmist who uses coal fired power should immediately go to the nearest police station and turn themselves in.
It’s not like we get 40% of our power from coal (again, I’m not a big fan of coal, but, until it can be replaced at the same price, no, do not get rid of it) and doing this would create major problems. And surely Lefties would be the ones whining the most when the rolling brownouts and blackouts hit.
Oh, and then there is this from the settled science
(UK Dailymail) A tiny particle one thirtieth the width of a human hair could be driving pollution and climate change, researchers say.
Harvard University scientists studied atmospheric particles, a highly lethal air pollutant which appears everywhere in the atmosphere, but is more common above cities.
The tiny particles play a key role in air pollution and climate change by providing a surface for chemical reactions and reflecting and absorbing radiation.
I’ll be interested to see which particle is being discussed once the study is published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Is it natural? Man-made? It’s not CO2, else they would have mentioned it.
1) Our own government chides those of us who pay taxes for being greedy because we don’t want to give the politicians even more of our money to do things...Read More
Alternate headline: Man with massive “carbon footprint” and lots of money at stake says other man with largest “carbon footprint”
Thatâ€™s right. As Tim Blair reports, Danny Glover claims that the failure to act on â€œclimate changeâ€ in Copenhagen is what caused the earthquake in Haiti. Gaia is vengeful! Repent, you Global Warming Deniers! Since all Christians are held responsible for what Pat Robertson says, then I assume that all whom believe in Global Warming â„¢ are responsible for what Glover says, yes? Since they are both religions and all.
Face it, alarmists, you created the following situation. You’ve all mostly been about “spreading awareness”, getting others to change their