My 25 Fave 140 Character Thoughts For May
8 Jun 2011 5:27 am John Hawkins
These are from my Twitter account, johnhawkinsrwn.
* One of the biggest problems w/ the gov’t is that there’s no consideration of whether taxpayers are getting value for their money
* Proving you’ll die if you kill Americans is a hell of a lot more important than proving we’re more moral than our enemies
* We’re creating an America that will make it structurally impossible for people to be as successful as they were in past generations
* For most of human history, people DID NOT assume life would be better for them than …
My 25 Fave 140 Character Thoughts For April
5 May 2011 6:07 am John Hawkins
* The type of life you have is created by the choices you’ve made. Either accept the consequences of your choices or change your choices
* Men have a natural urge to tame the wild, spoil the pure, and asset dominance over their environment.
* When human beings have difficult work to do, all too often they opt for pleasant, but meaningless distractions instead.
* One of the great difficulties in getting expert advice is that everybody thinks they’re an expert these days
* You can usually tell how hot a woman THINKS she …
My Fave Twenty 140 Character Thoughts For March
4 Apr 2011 7:35 am John Hawkins
* We’d be a lot better off if most people in DC learned to love 3 little words, “Not our problem.”
* If both sides are criticizing you, it may mean you’re doing twice as much wrong, not splitting the difference to be right
* Just because there are bad guys on one side doesn’t mean the good guys are on the other side. It may be all bad guys.
* Just because it’s a “good idea” doesn’t mean the government should fund it. Even “good ideas” have to be paid for.
* Why …
My Fave Twenty 140 Character Thoughts For January
1 Mar 2011 12:52 pm John Hawkins
* If Democrats are so concerned about shutting down the government, why have they just done it in Wisconsin and Indiana?
* The Dems are now the “Party of No.” No to cutting spending. No to reducing gov’t. No to saving the American Dream.
* I’m not so sure having Obamacare overturned by the SCOTUS would hurt Dems. It would take GOP issue #1 off the table.
* If none of the global warming models predicted the last 15 years, why should we believe they’ll be right in 100 years?
* Why is it …
My Fave 20 140 Character Thoughts For January
1 Feb 2011 1:40 am John Hawkins
* Hey Westerners, if life were “fair,” you would probably be a lot poorer, less educated, & living in an unfree society.
* In the real world, there’s no such thing as a “race to the bottom.” Businesses raise the bottom by being there.
* Libs may be able to do what the Nazis & Soviets couldn’t: Destroy America. They used guns. Liberals use debt. Same result
* My advice for kids getting into politics: Do something more normal 1st to get perspective. Politics skews your thinking.
* As I look at Pelosi on …
My 50 Favorite Tweets of 2010
22 Dec 2010 5:31 am John Hawkins
Every month, I put out a list of my favorite tweets from my Johnhawkinsrwn account. Since I think of Twitter as a blog, with a 140 character limit on the size of posts, that seems to work out pretty well.
Here are the best of the best: My fave tweets from 2010.
* I wonder what the consequences are of having such a youth-centric culture when the average lifespan is 78.4 years.
* Getting angry at women for liking men with money is like being angry at dogs for chasing cats. It’s …
My Fave 20 140 Character Thoughts For November
2 Dec 2010 7:57 am John Hawkins
* Environmentalists: Wasting billions on global warming, killing millions by banning DDT, & starving children by fighting frankenfood
* Liberal feminism: Devotion to abortion, copying the worst traits of men, & pretending to be outraged by the real world.
* Liberals find a rationale for supporting just about anything that degrades morality, tradition, and American culture.
* Zombie flicks reveal innate optimism. They all feature 99.9% of people dying, but everyone pictures themselves surviving.
* I’ve eaten rabbit, alligator, turtle, deer, bear, ostrich — everything tastes like fish, chicken, or beef.
* If you have …
My Fave 25 140 Character Thoughts For October
15 Nov 2010 6:02 am John Hawkins
* The Swift Boat Vets told the truth, the Willie Horton ad wasn’t racist, and Max Cleland’s patriotism wasn’t challenged in his Senate race.
* You can’t have good without naming evil, rights without responsibilities, or decency without limits on behavior.
* The GOP has completely rejected the advice of Frum, Brooks, Meggie Mac, etc. & it’s thriving. #notacoincidence
* Having a good heart can get you in trouble when you’re dealing w/ unstable people. Help if you like, but protect yourself
* The corollary of that old “the enemy of my enemy is …
My Fave 25 140 Character Thoughts For September
4 Oct 2010 4:59 am John Hawkins
* In America, it’s usually the bully who says he’s a victim, the extremist who cries over extremism, & the bombthrower who demands civility.
* If you live in a great country like America & don’t think life is “fair,” you better pray life never gets “fair” for you.
* The more the government acts like a parent, the more the American people become like children.
* If a charity gave out the same % of money they received in aid to the poor as the gov’t does, they’d be considered a scam.
My Fave 25 140 Character Thoughts For August
1 Sep 2010 11:10 am John Hawkins
* Sarah Palin blasted Lisa “RINO” Murkowski’s political career like it was a wolf running from her helicopter & I love it
* Some day, when I have a less demanding job, I look forward to taking as many vacations as Obama.
* Women get their nails done and get zillions of shoes for other women, not for men. Men don’t care about that stuff.
* Not the best way to begin your generic form letter to me, “Dear (Contact First Name),”
* Why is it that people who go on & on about …
My Fave 25 Random 140 Character Thoughts For July
2 Aug 2010 3:16 am John Hawkins
* Ever notice Obama regularly “takes full responsibility” for things & then immediately points the finger elsewhere?
* Poor Roman Polanski. You rape a girl and these conservatives never want to let you forget it – even though you’re famous!
* It would be a better world if more people in politics were close enough to punch each other in the nose.
* Odd, but true fact: The farther off a poll is, the more attention it draws. So, the worst polls make the most news.
* America needs to do more to punish …
My 30 Fave Personal Tweets For June
2 Jul 2010 4:28 pm John Hawkins
* My corollary to Godwin’s Law: “At some point or another, every single person on the internet will be called a Nazi.”
* People too often tend to ascribe evil motives to acts better explained by carelessness, stupidity, and thoughtlessness.
* Americans say they want bipartisanship in DC. But, what they reward is brutal partisanship mixed w/ lip service to unity.
* So, if Republicans are the ones in BP’s pocket, why did Obama take more money from BP than any other politician in DC?
* If Alvin Greene is part of a GOP …
My 25 Favorite Random 140 Character Tweets From May
4 Jun 2010 11:54 am John Hawkins
* American saying: Don’t bring a knife to a gunfight. New flotilla saying update: Don’t bring a steel pipe to a gunfight.
* When you swing a lead pipe at an Israeli commando, you’re a combatant, not a civilian. A really, really dumb combatant.
* Big shocker: The same Europe that couldn’t ship its Jews off to concentration camps fast enough in WW2 hates Israel today.
* Arizona immigration law compromise: Instead of deporting illegals, bus them to any city in the US that wants them
* I want an American President who sides …
23 Random 140 Character Thoughts
6 May 2010 5:58 am John Hawkins
* Why the MSM is deservedly dying in this country: CBS Headlines like, “Faisal Shahzad’s Motive Shrouded in Mystery.”
* As a general rule in politics, the least racist people are regularly accused of being racists by actual racists.
* IMO, the Godhatesf@gs nuts have no 1st Amendment right to protest a funeral for the same reason you can’t protest at someone’s house at 3 AM
* I want to see liberalism as reviled as Nazism, its heroes trampled in the dust, & its former supporters shamed as fools.
* If you took the …
27 Random 140 Character Thoughts
19 Apr 2010 7:49 am John Hawkins
* The avg. Dem in Congress has more in common ideologically with Trotsky & Lenin than they do Washington & Jefferson.
* Congress: Too stupid to do it right, too corrupt to be honest, & too arrogant to admit their mistakes.
* I don’t know who our next President will be, but I want her to be someone who considers America her home country.
* Amnesty for illegals: For those times when you have a 9.7% unemployment rate & want to take even more jobs from Americans
* There is no amount of good …
20 Random 140 Character Thoughts
31 Mar 2010 12:45 pm John Hawkins
* I’ll be happy to stop calling Barack Obama a socialist when he stops his Hugo Chavez style takeover of private industry
* The people pushing amnesty & open borders are partially responsible for every rape and murder committed by an illegal.
* Obama had an anti-Semite as his spiritual mentor. Now, he’s treating Israel like trash. Do the math on the why.
* If you can’t even be fake nice to me for 2 min in person, you really shouldn’t be emailing me pitches for your clients
* No matter how well you …
20 Random 140 Character Thoughts
18 Mar 2010 5:17 am John Hawkins
* Hey Obama, Washington is not “They,” it’s YOU! When people complain about Washington, they mean YOU!
* The march towards socialism in America is neither secret nor conspiratorial. It’s out in the open & Obama’s leading it
* We need a charity that ships weaponry to Christians being murdered & persecuted in backwards parts of the world.
* If today’s Hollywood was around in WW2, they’d of made films about FDR bombing Pearl Harbor to frame the Japanese.
* China is a major regional power, but they’re probably too unstable to ever be …
17 Random 140 Character Thoughts
3 Mar 2010 4:36 am John Hawkins
* As far as I am concerned, any 3rd party candidate running under the “Tea Party” label is a wacko or Dem stalking horse.
* Don’t help legitimize groups like the NAACP, La Raza, & MEChA. They don’t represent their race, they rep liberals.
* The spin about how the public likes certain parts of the health bill ignores the fact that the whole bill polls like typhoid
* “I, for one, genuinely wish that the climate crisis were an illusion.” — Al Gore | Your wish has been granted, Al.
* Who says …
Obama Already Planning 2012 Election Campaign
28 Feb 2010 2:05 am Lori Ziganto
I know, hard to believe, right? And by hard to believe, I mean totally believable and obvious to anyone without their head up their own behind. If anyone is shocked by the fact that Obama is already focusing on his 2012 re-election campaign, they may as well give up now. The man has never stopped campaigning. It seems to be, quite literally, all he knows how to do.
President Barack Obama’s top advisers are quietly laying the groundwork for …
20 Random 140 Character Thoughts
15 Feb 2010 11:12 am John Hawkins
* If the Tea Parties had about 50% less minorities show up, they might be as white as Kos’s Netroots Nation.
* A nation that believes it can run up huge deficits forever rather than cut benefits for its citizens is in deep denial
* The average lib thinks that if we’re nice enough, we can reach an understanding with Ahmadinejad, but Rush Limbaugh can’t be reasoned with
* Liberalism: Raise taxes, expand government, control more people’s lives. Doesn’t work? Repeat — but, fight harder!
* There’s nothing inherently moral about liberals. In fact, …