Right Wing News polled more than 250 right-of-center bloggers on which candidate they’d support if the 2012 Republican primaries were today. The following 68 bloggers responded:
101 Dead Armadillos, Advice Goddess, Alarming News, Alexa Shrugged, All American Blogger, All That Is Necessary, American Glob, And Rightly So, Argghhhh!, Atlas Shrugs, Batesline, Betsy’s Page, Black and Right, Blonde Sagacity, Bookworm Room, Dodgeblogium, Don Surber, Dr. Helen, Election Projection, Fausta’s Blog, Fraters Libertas, Freeman Hunt, GraniteGrok, IMAO, Isaac Schrodinger, Jeremayakovka, Joanne Jacobs, John Hawkins, Left Coast Rebel, Likelihood of Confusion, Liz Mair, Mean Ol Meany, Melissa Clouthier, Midnight Blue, Milton Wolf, Moonbattery, Mount Virtus, Musing Minds, Neo-Neocon, Newmarks Door, Newsreal, Nice Deb, No Oil For Pacifists, Pal2pal, Pirates Cove, Political Mommentary, Politicalistas, Pundit Boy, Pursuing Holiness, Rightosphere, Russ. Just Russ, Smart Girl Politics, SondraK, Sunshine State Sarah, The Hedgehog Report, The Jawa Report, The Lotus Blog, The Next Right, The Pink Flamingo Bar & Grill, The Smallest Minority, The Sundries Shack, The TrogloPundit, This Ain’t Hell, WILLisms, Weapons of Mass Discussion, Wintery knight, YidwithLid, mountaineer musings
Here’s how the results broke down:
1) If you had to pick the GOP’s 2012 presidential nominee today, which of the following candidates would you select?
4) Ron Paul: 11.6% (8 votes)
3) Rick Santorum: 21.7% (15 votes)
2) Mitt Romney: 31.9% (22 votes)
1) Newt Gingrich: 34.8% (24 votes)
2) Out of these 3 candidates, which one would you least like to see as the GOP nominee in 2012?
3) Rick Santorum: 29% (20 votes)
2) Newt Gingrich: 31.9% (22 votes)
1) Mitt Romney: 39.1% (27 votes)
3) If your top choice couldn’t get the nomination, which candidate would be your second choice?
4) Ron Paul: 4.5% (3 votes)
3) Mitt Romney: 16.7% (11 votes)
2) Rick Santorum: 34.8% (23 votes)
1) Newt Gingrich: 43.9% (29 votes)
4) Which candidate do you consider to be the most “electable” against Obama?
4) Ron Paul: 2.9% (2 votes)
3) Rick Santorum: 10.3% (7 votes)
2) Newt Gingrich: 32.4% (22 votes)
1) Mitt Romney: 54.4% (37 votes)
5) Which candidate do you consider to be the most conservative?
4) Mitt Romney: 4.4% (3 votes)
3) Ron Paul: 19.1% (13 votes)
2) Newt Gingrich: 22.1% (15 votes)
1) Rick Santorum: 54.4% (37 votes)