They’re tired of Ye Olde Nanny State Of course, when it comes to something individuals are against, they’re happy to ask government to pull out the banhammer
(Daily Caller) Americans want the government to stop acting like their mother.
According to a Reason-Rupe poll, Americans do not want government to ban trans-fats, e-cigarettes, online poker, violent video games or genetic testing kits.
Many Americans are becoming frustrated with the government’s growing involvement in what they believe should be their personal decisions.
Here’s what it looks like, via the link to the poll at Reason
The only loser is making a gun with a 3D printer. But, wait, it gets better, because this is a very big poll, asking lots and lots and lots of questions. The Reason article links to another article about the survey, and we learn
- But 55 percent of Americans say they’d prefer to go back to the health care system that was in place before the Affordable Care Act, while 34 percent prefer the current health care system.
- …the Affordable Care Act’s troubled launch has made 47 percent of Americans less confident in government’s ability to solve problems..
- However, 57 percent of Americans tell Reason-Rupe that the Obama administration is not the most transparent administration in history,
- 52 percent, say they disagree with President Obama’s views about the proper size and power of government
- Fifty-four percent of those surveyed feel government is generally a “burdensome part of society that impedes the ability of people to improve their lives,”
Sadly, for that last one, we learn that “41 percent feel “government is primarily a source of good and helps people improve their lives.”” That’s what Conservatives are up against, people who actually think Government is Good.
73% state that Congress doesn’t understand Obamacare nor how it affects Americans. 57% think Obama’s a total chump who’s doing a poor job on healthcare, 38% approve of his job performance. People think the country is headed in the wrong direction 56%-35%. People hate Obamacare 53%-47%.
People generally find it unacceptable, in many cases up in the 70-78% range, to be charged extra for all the goodies in Obamacare.
Finally, we find that the poll leans Democrat, with a sample of 34-23-34 (D-R-I). This does not bode well for Democrats, when we have samples like this and negative responses for Things Democrats Care About.