My 25 Fave 140 Character Thoughts For June
* Diet soda “makes you fat” for the same reason anti-depressants “cause” suicide. Hint: Correlation isn’t causation.
* You don’t find yourself so much as you create yourself.
* If there are enough people who’ll buy anything, then you can be sure that eventually someone will come along and sell it
* The merit of an idea and the charisma of the people pushing it are often completely unrelated concepts.
* Intelligent people gone wrong do much more damage to the world than stupid people.
* When people can’t deal with the major issues in their life, they often become obsessive about minutiae as a distraction.
* You might as well accept that you are where you are, it is what is, and you gotta do what you gotta do.
* A good song either makes you feel something, makes you want to move, or reminds you of a woman.
* People don’t dislike you because you’re “intelligent” or “cultured,” they dislike you because they think you’re a creep.
* It’s weird to hear women claim that women cheat less than men. I mean, who are the guys cheating with? Women! Duh!
* I don’t like movies where aliens are ready to kill us until they understand love. Love is so irrational it would probably terrify them more.
* It’s much better to go the right way down a long, difficult road than to skip down a short, pleasant path that goes in the wrong direction.
* Dear industry — I’m tired of the quirky, but supposedly likable spokespeople in your ads. Stop please! One consumer.
* At this point, it doesn’t matter so much where you are as what you’re going to do about it.
* If Dick Durbin is right and illegals are America’s future, then our future is national suicide.
* All Meggie Mac columns in a single tweet: Angry because someone called her fat, telling someone to kiss her ass, ZZZZZZ inbetween. Repeat
* Just remember: The Left has two major memes they’ll push for viable GOP POTUS candidates: Crazy and Stupid.
* I think Bachmann & Palin would do better with women voters if they were less attractive. For obvious reasons. Discuss.
* There should never be a time where an illegal is captured by the government and released before being deported
* Ideologically, liberals today are closer to Lenin than they are to John F. Kennedy.
* So, how’s the “Coffee Party” doing these days? Have they eclipsed the Tea Party yet?
* I agree that cutting spending won’t create jobs short term. But spending the country into bankruptcy isn’t working either
* The Democratic Party only has two modes these days: Destroying America and trying to prevent anyone else from saving it
* A “pro-abortion church” is a contradiction in terms.
Joe Geoghagan is a 31 year old veteran and he’s begging the VA not to let him starve to death. Let me repeat that. Joe Geoghagan is a 31 year...Read More
A new Twitter-based fundraising tool debuts today and the new service already has the two biggest names in the Politics
– If you think bankers make an “unfair” amount of money, then the simple solution would seem to be to