My 20 Favorite Tweets For September
* Once you start catering to people’s pathologies, it seldom ends well or at a reasonable point.
* Tolerance, diversity, and “not being mean” are part of a pseudo-morality. Real morality is difficult & requires firm lines.
* God > Family/Friends > other Americans > America’s allies > Everyone else > Animals
* Women complaining that men are hard to understand is like Chess saying that Tic-Tac-Toe is way too complicated.
* One ounce of good will from the person you’re talking to is worth more in any kind of relationship than a pound of good intentions from you.
* You are where you are. You might as well stop regretting how you got there, accept it, and focus on how you move forward.
* If you can take control of your thoughts, you can take control of your life.
* There is no free lunch. Everything comes at a cost. The question is whether the juice is worth the squeeze.
* People who talk incessantly about tolerance are some the least tolerant people you’ll ever run across when someone disagrees with them.
* Piece of advice: Don’t ever tell a guy that something about him reminds you of another guy who you’ve consistently said is an ass. #badform
* Dramatically limiting the power of the EPA to halt & slow down business projects would do more for the economy than Obama’s new stimulus
* I wonder if Western civilization as a whole is starting to run up against the Peter Principle.
* Yeah, keep cheering for taxes on the rich. They’re almost tapped out and then they’ll move on to where the real money is, the middle class
* From what I’ve seen, most people touted as “political insiders” have pretty unimpressive political judgment.
* I decline to be outraged by the supposedly super-outragey, outrage generating story of the day.
* Corporations aren’t the problem. Rich people aren’t the problem. Capitalism isn’t the problem. The government is the problem.
* Perhaps the greatest tragedy of communism is that so many people have learned nothing from its bloody failure.
* I don’t ever see any colleges ever worried Republicans might feel “uncomfortable” or that liberals might be divisive
* Helping the poor learn how to better themselves is considerably more admirable than just giving them things.
* I favor firing as many gov’t workers as possible, for any reason if they’re not military, intelligence, or border patrol.
How did we end up in a world where Big Gulps are being banned in New York while the welcome mat for potheads is being rolled out in Colorado? How...Read More
Social media giant Twitter has come under fire for canceling the account of a group hosting photos of people holding
Socialism is for those who think most people are losers. Capitalism is for those who think most people can take